Monday, July 14, 2008

By The Numbers

1.3 Billion: China's population.

1.2 Billion: The number of Chinese that stared at us where ever we went.

500+: The number of vendors that offered us fake Rolex watches, American DVDs and everything else you can imagine.

80+: Number of family members on both my mom's and dad's side visited.

78: The number of peanut butter crackers on which my daughter Meredith survived during the trip.

70: The going price in Yuan for a Chinese made, knock-off designer handbag (about $10 US).

16: Number of days of our trip from start to finish (June 23 - July 7).

14: The number of dishes served to us with the head still on it (fish, chicken & duck).

13: Number of hours ahead that China is to Little Rock time.

12: Number of family members that went (my mom, my brother, my sister, her husband and three daughters, and my family).

11: The number of family members who were dying to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen in Shanghai (my mom did not accompany us that night).

10: Number of legs of flights: three to get there, three within China and four to get home!

6.8: Number of Chinese Yuan per US Dollar.

4: Number of cities visited (Guangzhou, Beijing, Huangshan and Shanghai).

0: Number of pieces of luggage that got lost at some point along the trip (a miracle!).

No comments: